Sunday, March 27, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog, in which teachers--as well as other public employees--are NOT seen as the cause of the decline of western civilization!

I am a retired public school teacher. I spent the first 28 years of my 33-year career teaching HS physics. My last 5 years were spent as the district's computer coordinator.

Along the way, I spent several years as the president of my local teachers' union and also negotiator. I started my teaching career just as teachers in NY were forming their first union (NY State United Teachers - NYSUT).

Public employees in general--and teachers in particular--are currently under attack. It is the purpose of this blog to give teachers some hard ammunition with which to fight back against the "everybody knows" arguments wielded by those who don't bother to actually get the facts, but simply rely on biased news outlets, accepting their "talking points" as proven facts delivered from the hand of God.

If you're familiar with Ezra Klein's wonderful Wonkbook blog at the Washington Post. this blog will operate in a similar manner. It will be a combination of my commentary and links to germane items from sources around the internet.

This blog has just been created, but it won't be long before we get rolling with the message that "Teachers Are Not the Problem!"

No comments:

Post a Comment